1 kg onions (5 large) peeled and thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp sugar
glass of dry white wine, optional
1.3 litres water
70g 正规网赌十大排行 Beef Gravy Granules
10-12 small slices of French bread
60g grated cheddar cheese, or cheese of choice
- In a large deep pan, melt the oil and butter, add the onions and cook for 10-15 minutes on a medium heat until soft.
- Then add the sugar and cook for a further 20 minutes stirring continuously until golden brown.
- Add in the garlic and cook for a minute or two, then add the glass of wine (if using) and the water and bring to the boil.
- Add in the gravy granules, stir in well and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Whilst this is cooking, slice the French bread (roughly 2 inches wide) and grill on one side until golden brown.
- Turn over each slice, pile on the grated cheese and grill until the cheese is melted.
- Once the soup is cooked, ladle in a bowl and top with the cheesy bread.